Based on the materials of the WWDC 2016 conference we can understand that the instant messenger application iMessage will be significantly upgraded in iOS 10.
Third-party developers have received access to Messages API, thanks to which they can create their own sets of stickers (like in Viber, for example). Judging by Apple’s mobile platform standard set of emoticons, there won’t be any significant thematic restrictions on the stickers.
You will be able to install stickers by downloading them from App Store logging in with your Apple ID account.
To add a new set of stickers and emoticons:
- Open the Messages app with customized iMessage service .
- Open any chat or create a new one.
- Click on the arrow to the left of the form to enter text.
- Click on the App Store icon.
- Click on the icon with four windows (see the screenshot).
- Click on the Store icon.
- App Store will download in iMessage. Select and install the needed set.
After the stickers are installed, they will be available in the standard iOS keyboard Messages application. Each set of stickers will get a separate page.